Search This Blog
Monday, May 13, 2013
Mass Media Class
For this class I would have liked to do more things like making videos. Videos are a form of mass media, and in order to make the video we had to learn all the camera angles. Making videos was fun and we learned from doing it. One thing I did not enjoy about Mass Media was all of the work we did in the book. We had to read almost a whole chapter in between each class period and take notes, which is an extreme amount of work. I liked it better when we read in class and discussed it together. I understood the material better then because I wasn't reading it just to say I read it. I also don't like blogging. I don't like how everyone can read what I say. I prefer the traditional journaling. I did find all the information we learned about how to take pictures and videos useful. I will use that in the future when I take pictures and videos. This class did open my eyes to how big of a role mass media plays on my life. I had never thought of how what a news source informs on affects what I think. For example, People writing an article on Justin Bieber could encourage people's obsession with celebrities. One thing you could have done differently is, like I mentioned before, do less from the book. I liked more of the hands-on activities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with you on almost everything you said. However, I did not mind the blogging because I hate regular journaling.
ReplyDelete