Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

The last movie I watched was Paul Blart: Mall Cop, directed by Steve Carr. This action/comedy movie features Kevin James, Keir O' Donnell, and Jayma Mays, and takes place in a shopping mall. It begins by showing the life of a mall security guard, Paul Blart (Kevin James), who is kind of a social outcast, but does have a daughter he had with a Mexican who needed a green card. Blart has a crush on a vendor in the mall, Amy Anderson (Jayma Mays), but she seems way out of his league. The shopping mall gets a new security guard, Veck Simms (Keir O'Donnell) whom Blart is in charge of showing the ropes to. In a turn of events, the usually boring mall gets robbed by Veck and his associates. Veck takes hostages, including Amy, Blart's daughter, and Amy's boyfriend. The movie ends with under-appreciated Blart saving the hostages and getting the girl against all odds. Overall, I think this movie was good. The way the film was shot was creative and gave a comical view to the serious things happening in the movie. The script was well-written with little details that were hilarious. Kevin James played the part of Paul Blart perfectly. With his segway, there was no doubt in my mind that James was a socially awkward mall cop. I definitely recommend this movie to others.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't watched this movie yet. It actually looks kinda stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this movie was pretty funny as well. There are a lot of little details that are funny. I also love his segway.

    ReplyDelete