Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Media in Our Lives

     Media is everywhere in our lives. Whether it is through newspapers or Facebook, we are involved in media at some point in every day. Since we use it so often, it makes me wonder what it would be like without any form of media.
     I would not know what to do with myself if I wasn't able to go on Facebook or Twitter whenever I was bored. I would actually have to interact with people in person. Now that I think about it, maybe having no forms of media might actually force people to get more involved in their personal life instead of hearing about others from things like magazines or television. Right now I might think not having any forms of media could be a good thing, but it would probably just cause many problems.

2 comments:

  1. I think that it would definetly make people a lot more social in person, like you said. It would definetly make people get more involved with people face to face. I think that for myself it would be really hard to try and stop using media as a source for hearing the latest news, or socializing with my friends. But it would also probably be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both you and Carl are onto something here! However, think waaaay beyond just having something to do or staying connected with friends via Facebook and Twitter. What if you never had radio to hear the basketball game scores or what the weather will be like in the next few days? What if you couldn't mindlessly click through the tv stations and maybe happen upon Oprah interviewing another celebrity or seeing the Superbowl commercials. We often just look at social media and what life would be like without it, but think about books. and newspapers. and magazines, too!

    ReplyDelete