Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Public or Private?

On the Internet, not much is private. Pretty much anything you put on the Internet can be viewed by other people. For example, on Facebook you can set your settings to be "private", but anyone who is your friend or even a friend of a friend can view it. More and more people are using information on the Internet to decide things, like whether or not they are going to hire someone or if someone is going to lose their job. This story tells about a teacher who had to resign because of a picture on Facebook. I think the Internet should be more private so things like that don't happen, but the Internet can't really be controlled in that way. So, things on the Internet are never going to be private. People just need to be more careful about what they put on it.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Nothing can ever be private on the internet, no matter how hard you try for it to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your statement. However at the position of being a teacher, he should have known what picture is appropriate and which isnt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the internet can't really be private so people should learn what to put on the internet and want not to put on the internet

    ReplyDelete