Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Future of the Internet

The Internet is going to keep changing, sometimes positively and sometimes negatively. One thing about the Internet I look forward to changing is the speed of it. Our Mass Media book talks about how with things like the National Broadband Plan are trying to make it so 100 million U.S. homes have affordable access to download speeds of at least 100 megabits per second in the next decade. One thing about the Internet that I do not look forward to changing is the commercialization of it. It has already started being commercialized, but it is probably going to get a lot worse. Companies try to control the Internet. They also try to advertise on everything. Some even know what you do on the Internet in order to format their advertisements according to your activities. I don't agree with that.

1 comment:

  1. Your answer is quite like Taylor's, so I very much agree with it. I had not thought about the company's trying to commercialize everything. Ads would eventually get too annoying for me.

    ReplyDelete