Social Media or Mass Media?
The article we were assigned to read, Goodbye social media... welcome back mass-media, says that our social media sites are starting to turn into a form of mass media. People are starting to simply "retweet" or "share" things rather than coming up with their own news. I don't think this is true with me. People do retweet and share things, but they mostly come up with their own things. I still think it is social media, not mass media. Although, I can understand how that article would say that. Social media sites are getting more controlled by bigger companies. But, I still think social media sites are mainly for social media.
I honestly think I agree with this article in ways. I think that it is still socail media in some ways, but I can see how it is becoming more like mass media as well.
ReplyDeleteYea I agree with both of you. I think as of now its still more of social media. I think that maybe in the future it will be more mass media than social.
ReplyDelete