Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Music's Influence

Music influences media mainly through the way it is produced and recorded. Without music, we wouldn't have the many music related technologies we do today, like CDs. Also, music encouraged the creation of recordings, which are an important part of media. Another way music influences media is by deciding what is popular in different forms of media. For example, when one song is popular, many media outlets play that song or make references to the song. 
Not only does music influence media, it also influences me. Music can have an effect on my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, I listen to a cheerful song, and I feel less crabby. Music can also entertain me, which is probably its main purpose.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the influence on technologies. We see a change in technologies as the genres of songs change as well. Music affects us the same way, and it also entertains me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that music influences media in the way it is produced and recorded. Music can affect your mood as well, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that that is a good point that music influences technologies. I never really thought of it that way; I just thought that music recording benefited from the technologies like CDs.

    ReplyDelete