Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Minnesota woman to pay $220,000 fine for 24 illegally downloaded songs

My first reaction to the title "Minnesota Woman to Pay $220,000 Fine for 24 Illegally Downloaded Songs" was that the punishment seems a little bit harsh. After reading the article, I realized it does talk about the Thomas-Rasset case, but it also talks about different possible solutions to the illegally downloading problem. One solution the article suggests is that Internet service providers would send reminders to people to tell them that they know the people are downloading illegally. If the people don't listen, then the service provider would have the ability to cut off the person's Internet. I don't know if that is the best solution, but it does make sense to me. If someone knew that others knew about what they were doing, they would be more likely to stop.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly think that it is dumb for people to be prosecuted for things that are in such easy access to them. If anything should be happening about this issue, it should be that the sites to share these files are taken down.

    ReplyDelete